Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Faith Can Move Mountains - By Featured Guest Blogger, Gloria Hass



In 1995, God called me to be an evangelist. Although I was raised in a Christian family and had invited friends to go to church when I was in high school, I wasn’t a person who prayed a lot and I was just beginning to have a relationship with Jesus although I had accepted Him as my Savior when I was 14 years of age. For the next eight years, I would study my Bible, ask pastors questions they couldn’t answer and learned how to be a prayer warrior.

In 2003, I became a full time RVer. I was mocked by some pastors because I was a woman in my late 40’s doing God’s work. I travelled throughout the mid-west, with my dog, as a street evangelist. I settled in Bullhead City, Arizona to be near my mother and God used me mightily there. I evangelized in three local churches and for one year I had my own radio show titled The Glorious Overcomer Show which aired on K-T-O-X AM out of Needles, California.

After a trip to the mid-west to meet with the owner of a Christian publishing house and to evangelize, I moved outside the Phoenix, Arizona area. Then, I met a pastor, who lived in Tucson, to help him with his ministry for one and a half years. After I left there, I attended a church where I met a pastor who was starting his own church. His plans were up in the air and I moved back to Bullhead City to help my mother after her boyfriend had passed away. During this time, I worked with a pastor in Kenya for about three months before his ministry took him elsewhere where he wasn’t connected to technology. During this time, I had prayed for God to use me for revival in the world.

After my mother’s affairs were settled, the pastor called me to Tucson where I was an on-staff evangelist where I was ordained through his ministry. His church was thriving and then I was asked to help plant a sister church also located in Tucson. I accepted and was an on staff evangelist for this church while the other church moved to a different location.

After six months, I left this church to take a sabbatical for rest and rejuvenation. During this time, my mother’s health started to go downhill because of COPD and Alzheimer’s disease. When my brother wasn’t able to take care of her on his own, I moved back to Bullhead City. I missed evangelizing and felt as if a part of me was missing. God told me it wasn’t time for me to return to doing His work spreading the gospel. I wondered if God was ever going to use me again being in my mid-fifties. During this time, a pastor friend of mine had been telling me that God was going to use me again and I would move back to Tucson.

After one and a half years, my work at my mother’s was over and I moved back to Tucson where God called me to go, only my ministry work didn’t start for another 15 months. During this time, I rested a lot to get my health back on track, which had greatly suffered from being a caregiver.

I was also quite ready to evangelize only God didn’t answer which I took as a “no” which was really a “not yet”. I asked God what He wanted me to do. I joined a mentoring group to start my then retired marketing consulting business back up. I had signed on some clients and was making a little money which supplemented my disability income. Then, my business dried up – no business – nothing. I wondered what was going on. I prayed and asked God what did He want me to do now and I heard the word “evangelize”. My heart soared! I asked Him how He wanted me to do that since I was unable to travel because of health challenges. I heard the word “technology”.

In April 2015, I stopped working my business and marketing consulting business since apparently God had closed it and began making ministry connections on LinkedIn and Facebook only nothing was happening. I kept going forward all the time believing God would reveal what I needed to do. I shifted my focus back on evangelism all the time waiting on God while making connections via technology.

On April 30, 2015, I received a friend request from a pastor who lives in Bungoma, Kenya, Africa. He introduced himself and I checked him out to make sure he was who he said he was. His ministry turned out to be a bona fide ministry and then I friended one of his friends who introduced me to an evangelist in Uganda who might be in need of my teachings. Both men requested for me to mentor them to help them build them up in Christ. Their foundation was weak not to any fault of their own. Church planters come in, bring people to Christ, show them how to start a church then leave. I started to mentor these men and ended up writing a home study curriculum “Walking in the Supernatural”. Both men grew tremendously and wanted more teachings which I am happy to say mentoring them as they continue to grow in Christ. The doors opened to mentor two young male college students who have also grown tremendously in their faith.

Starting in mid-June, after the pastor had completed his lessons from Walking in the Supernatural, I started sending teachings for him to preach on my behalf to his congregation of forty people.

During the rest of the month of June, I had pastors on LinkedIn ask me to help them with their ministries. I sent teachings by way of email. I was also approached by a pastor in The Philippines to preach on a Wednesday night service by way of Skype. This event happened on June 24th.

By the middle of July, I added on eight more pastors to helping 15 ministries one of which ministries served thousands of people in India. All the pastors were exclaiming how powerful my teachings were. I told them it’s because of God.

On July 17, 2015, I received the following email from the pastor in India:

“Dear Gloria Hass,

Greetings in His Mighty Name from INDIA.. Who is ALIVE & Works in Us..

I am greatly blessed by the messages you emailed me & I am going to preach & teach among my church planters who are in great need of spiritual food these days. They generally don't get to the internet or smart phones to know more about the world. they stay in the remote & unreached places where no proper communication is there and they used to involve in preaching the Good News of the lord to the people groups who are poverty stricken & in pathetic condition without proper food & clothes.

So I request you to please uphold our church planters (53) & their needs while adventuring into the more dangerous places to spread the Gospel.

This month I am going to meet them in a jungle area where we share about work of the lord and same I am taking your print -out messages and translate into Oriya & Telugu language for their understanding & spiritual growth.

Please continue to encourage us.”

My heart swelled to hear of how God was using me to reach people in the deep recesses of the world! This is what I had prayed for before when I had asked God to use me for revival!

On July 18, 2015, I received a friend request from a young man in Bangladesh who asked me to pray for his ministries. In turn, I asked him to pray for my ministry and told him what I did. We are in the process of discussing my preaching via Skype and on August 7, 2015, I will be delivering an hour long message during an evangelistic and healing conference in Pakistan via Skype.

Each week, my ministry grows more rapidly with evangelizing in depressed countries who cannot afford to pay an evangelist. I speak with other people in ministry to lift them up and pray for them in Bangladesh, India, Africa and The Philippines.

I love spreading the Word of God and He is supplying my needs which He has always done. The bible states the laborer is worth his hire. At this time, God has someone who is helping me financially through December of 2015. After that, I don’t know what God is going to do. He has promised us today and I am being taken care of today. He cares for me more than the lilies of the field and the birds of the air. I know He will continue to provide for my needs.

I am glad I am back evangelizing – it is my passion and fills every fiber of my being. Words cannot express how elated I am. I also conduct a Saturday morning call in church service by phone call in. I record these messages and they are available on my web site as well. I am also filming my messages and placing them on youtube.com.


I evangelize in spite of having Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Glaucoma and mild seizures. I will continue to evangelize as long as there is breath in me and look forward to edifying believers who need building up in their faith as well as bringing the unsaved to Jesus. This is my passion and calling.

1 comment:

  1. God is a God of purpose,he will never fail us,we keep focused,Exodus 9:16,i am more encouraged.

    ReplyDelete